What are ‘Public Funds’?

Visas | Embassies | Health | Insurance | Safety | Finances

Do I need a UK Visa?
How do I qualify to enter the UK as a student?
What are 'Public Funds'?
Can I extend my UK Visa if I need more time to complete my studies?
How do I apply for Entry Clearance?
Am I allowed to work during my Studies?
Can I stay in the UK to work after I graduate?
Can I bring my husband or my wife with me?
Is my husband or wife allowed to work?
Can I come to the UK to arrange my studies?
Do I have to register with the police when I arrive in the UK?

What are 'Public Funds'?
To study and live in the UK, you must be able to demonstrate that you can support and accommodate yourself for the duration of your studies without claiming certain state benefits. These are:

Income Support and Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA);

Housing and homelessness assistance;

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit;

Working Families' Tax Credit;

Social fund payments;

Child Benefit; or

any disability allowance