UK Visas

Visas | Embassies | Health | Insurance | Safety | Finances

UK Visas
UK Immigration Rules relating to Students
If you are planning to study in the UK, it is vital that you seek advice on UK immigration procedures before making final arrangements to leave your home country. The earlier you find out how the law applies to you, the more time you will have to deal with any issues that may arise.

This guide aims to provide basic information about how UK immigration laws affect international students. It is intended to be a guide and you should note that some details may have changed since the time of writing. It is imperative that you contact the British Embassy or High Commission in your home country for advice relating to your specific circumstances and assistance in making your UK visa application.

Alternatively, you can also contact the Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Immigration Advisory Service for more information.

Immigration and Nationality Directorate: +44 (0)870 606 7766
Immigration Advisory Service +44 (0)20 7357 7511
UK Visas Website

To use this guide, simply click on the headings and questions below:

Do I need a UK Visa?
How do I qualify to enter the UK as a student?
What are 'Public Funds'?
Can I extend my UK Visa if I need more time to complete my studies?
How do I apply for Entry Clearance?
Am I allowed to work during my Studies?
Can I stay in the UK to work after I graduate?
Can I bring my husband or my wife with me?
Is my husband or wife allowed to work?
Can I come to the UK to arrange my studies?
Do I have to register with the police when I arrive in the UK?