TravelStay Limited provide the booking service and will collect your information and share this with Durham University to provide your reservation. Durham University will process your information in line with Event Durham’s (Durham University’s Conference and Tourism department) Privacy Notice.
Information Collection and Use
We collect personally identifiable information when you visit the website, when you place a booking through our website, and if you enter promotions, competitions, or surveys.
We also automatically receive information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address.
We use this information for three general purposes: to customise the content you see and to fulfil your requests for making reservations. To measure entry and exit points of visitors to the site and respective numbers of visitors to various pages, sections of the site, and details of the searches performed. We may also use this information to measure the click-thorough rates to and from the site. We may disclose information of this nature in aggregate form to third parties, personal information of individuals visitors will not be passed to any third parties.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
We will only send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
• We have your consent to share the information;
• We need to share your information to provide the reservation, product or service you have requested;
• We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of us to provide a reservation, product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
• We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
• We find that your actions on our web sites violate the Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
Our website is uses secure server software (SSL) which is the best software available today for secure website visits and e-commerce transactions. It encrypts your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. In addition, we also use unique user names and passwords for all accounts and only host on secure servers within the EU, that are further protected by a firewall so that your personal information is safe throughout your visit to our website.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions please contact us.