Visas | Embassies | Health | Insurance | Safety | Finances
Do I need a UK Visa?
How do I qualify to enter the UK as a student?
What are 'Public Funds'?
Can I extend my UK Visa if I need more time to complete my studies?
How do I apply for Entry Clearance?
Am I allowed to work during my Studies?
Can I stay in the UK to work after I graduate?
Can I bring my husband or my wife with me?
Is my husband or wife allowed to work?
Can I come to the UK to arrange my studies?
Do I have to register with the police when I arrive in the UK?

Do I have to register with the police when I arrive in the UK?
Some international students are asked to register with the police for the duration of their studies in the UK. If you are required to do so, there will be a stamp in your passport confirming this.
  • To register successfully with the police, you will need your passport and two passport-sized photographs of yourself.
  • If you are studying in London, you should take these items to the Overseas Visitors Records Office, Ground Floor, Brandon House, 180 Borough High Street, SE1 1LH between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
  • Students in other parts of the UK should enquire at their nearest police station for information on where to register.
You will need to report any changes of address during your studies to the police.

If you are a visa national, you will need to apply for a visa as a prospective student before you travel to the UK. Once you have enrolled at a recognised institution, you will need to extend your stay as a student.