Visas | Embassies | Health | Insurance | Safety | Finances
Do I need a UK Visa?
How do I qualify to enter the UK as a student?
What are 'Public Funds'?
Can I extend my UK Visa if I need more time to complete my studies?
How do I apply for Entry Clearance?
Am I allowed to work during my Studies?
Can I stay in the UK to work after I graduate?
Can I bring my husband or my wife with me?
Is my husband or wife allowed to work?
Can I come to the UK to arrange my studies?
Do I have to register with the police when I arrive in the UK?

Can I extend my Visa if I need more time to complete my Studies?
The date when your permission to stay in the UK expires will be shown in your passport. You should make a photocopy of your passport and visa stamps in case your passport is lost or stolen.
  • If your permission to stay is due to expire before you complete your studies, you may apply for an extension of your documents. You should do this at least 2 months before the date of expiry of your original permission to stay.

  • The UKCOSA Guidance Note: 'How to Complete the Home Office Student Application Form', will explain how to make an application to extend your permission to stay in the UK.

  • If you are considering making a trip outside the UK shortly before your permission to stay expires, you may be able to extend your stay when you re-enter the UK. You should ask an International Student Advisor or Welfare Officer at your educational institution for advice.
Please note, you may only stay on as a student if you entered the UK with a student or prospective student visa.