How do I qualify to enter the UK as a Student?

Visas | Embassies | Health | Insurance | Safety | Finances

Do I need a UK Visa?
How do I qualify to enter the UK as a student?
What are 'Public Funds'?
Can I extend my UK Visa if I need more time to complete my studies?
How do I apply for Entry Clearance?
Am I allowed to work during my Studies?
Can I stay in the UK to work after I graduate?
Can I bring my husband or my wife with me?
Is my husband or wife allowed to work?
Can I come to the UK to arrange my studies?
Do I have to register with the police when I arrive in the UK?

How do I qualify to enter the UK as a Student?
To be classified as a student for immigration purposes you must be able to show all of the following:

1. You have been accepted on a course of study at a publicly funded institution of further or higher education (for example a university), a private education institution or an independent fee-paying school.

2. You are going to follow a recognised full-time degree course, a course run during the week that involves at least 15 hours of organised day-time study per week, or a full-time course of study at an independent fee-paying school.

3. You are able to pay for your course and support and accommodate yourself and any dependants without working or help from public funds.

4. You plan to leave the UK when you complete your studies.

If you are a visa national, you will need a visa to enter the UK. If you are not a visa national, you will find it helpful to carry documents with you which will show immigration officers that you meet the requirements for entering the UK as a student.