Can I come to the UK to arrange my studies?

Visas | Embassies | Health | Insurance | Safety | Finances

Do I need a UK Visa?
How do I qualify to enter the UK as a student?
What are 'Public Funds'?
Can I extend my UK Visa if I need more time to complete my studies?
How do I apply for Entry Clearance?
Am I allowed to work during my Studies?
Can I stay in the UK to work after I graduate?
Can I bring my husband or my wife with me?
Is my husband or wife allowed to work?
Can I come to the UK to arrange my studies?
Do I have to register with the police when I arrive in the UK?

Can I come to the UK to arrange my studies?
You can come to the UK as a prospective student to arrange your studies for a period of up to six months. You will need to show that:

you plan to enrol on a course of study within six months of the date of your arrival in the UK;
you can pay for your course and support and accommodate yourself and any dependants without working or help from public funds; and
you plan to leave the UK when you finish your studies or when your permission to stay ends if you are not able to qualify to stay in the United Kingdom as a student.

If you are a visa national, you will need to apply for a visa as a prospective student before you travel to the UK. Once you have enrolled at a recognised institution, you will need to extend your stay as a student.